The Officer is responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing strategic advocacy efforts in line with the goals and initiatives of our organization. This role involves building strong partnerships, influencing policy, and representing our organization in various forums. The Officer will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive our advocacy campaigns and advance our mission.
Develop Advocacy Strategies:
- Facilitate the formulation of effective advocacy strategies that align with our organizational goals.
- Collaborate with partners and associated networks to develop joint advocacy approaches.
- Forge strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to achieve our policy objectives.
- Act as a liaison and spokesperson for the organization with media, governments, and other relevant actors.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to influence policy processes and decisions.
Media Outreach and Communication:
- Organize media outreach efforts, including arranging media contacts, press briefings, and interviews.
- Provide necessary materials and talking points to senior staff for media interactions.
- Respond promptly and effectively to media inquiries.
Information Product Development:
- Coordinate the creation of various communication materials, including audio/visual content, to support policy goals.
- Ensure the timely development of position papers, policy briefings, and advocacy materials.
Lobby and Advocacy Support:
- Provide guidance and support to other offices within the organization for effective lobbying and advocacy.
- Advise technical staff and management on engaging with key institutions and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for fundraising related to advocacy and policy interventions.
- Support and coordinate regional policy activities, especially those related to global/international policy processes.
Profile of the Candidate:
The Officer should possess:
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational policy strategies.
- A demonstrated commitment to our mission and cause.
- Proficiency in representing organizations in various forums.
- Proactive, creative, and results-oriented mindset.
- Passion for Sexual Reproductive Justice and sustainable development.
- Strong communication, project management, and team collaboration skills.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., communications, humanities, environment).
- Minimum of 4 years experience in policy analysis, lobbying, and advocacy on an international scale.
- Track record of working with multi-stakeholder platforms and processes.
- Strong writing and editing skills for articles, reports, and press releases.
- Experience in NGOs, both national and international.
- Ability to quickly grasp new topics and formulate effective advocacy strategies.
- Proficiency in stakeholder mapping and strategizing.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Gender Based Violence, and pro-choice principles.
- Full time
- Reporting to Programme Manager
- Salary scale: 80,000 – 120,000 (depending on experience)
- Contract duration: 1-year contract with the possibility of extension.
- Location: Head Office in Abuja.
Start date: Immediate
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Technical Officer – API” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and female and gender-diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th of September 2023