The Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement
catalyzing social change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues
affecting them and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted
advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications, and media
engagements, partnerships, and programme implementation. We also work on a broad range
of issues such as Gender, Governance, and Environment, however, our priority over the years
have been on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights.
Since its inception, YNCSD has been catalyzing efforts of young people towards ending
Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective
programming that transforms social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting
reproductive health and Rights for women and girls. Part of our activities is to ensure that
every pregnancy is wanted and women and girls have access to reproductive health services
and are given the opportunity to exercise full agency over their bodies. We pride ourselves to
be a leading youth-led organization delivering quality programmes and interventions for our
donors and partners based in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Officer – Key Population and Sexual Minorities
Project: Linking and Learning to Improve Access to Sexual and Reproductive Products and
Information and Services (LINKS Project).
Terms of Reference – Project Officer (KP/SM).
Reporting to – Senior Programme Associate
Program Management and Implementation
● Coordinate and implement the Links Project in close collaboration with the Senior
● Lead in the coordination of the project in line with the LGBTQI+ and Sex Worker eco system
● In coordination with the Programme Management and Advocacy teams, develop an
implementation strategy to guide project development and management based on the
program’s theory of change, and in consultation with communities of LGBTQI persons and
● In coordination with the program department, and informed by community consultations,
establish and manage relationships with activists from the LGBTQI, and Sex Worker and
● Contribute to knowledge management by recording and documenting results and lessons
● Ensure that project activities are implemented in line with workplan and project resources are
● Work with Senior Programme Associate to ensure financial and administrative protocols are
● Lead on technical reporting to the donors and other stakeholders
Capacity Strengthening and Movement Building
● In collaboration with the Advocacy Unit, identify and design initiatives that can respond to the
capacity needs of LGBTIQ+, and Sex Workers community-led organizations and activists
● Design Organizational Capacity Assessment Tools targeted at LGBTIQ+ and Sex Worker
Organizations and Activists aimed at understanding gaps in SRH product and service provision
● Lead in the delivery of capacity training for LBQ and Sex Worker communities on SRH
product use and uptake
● Regularly engage with wider YNCSD team to improve knowledge sharing, coordination and to
identify opportunities to support LGBTIQ+ and Sex Worker movement building.
● Represent YNCSD in relevant meetings and convenings particularly within the Key Population
Eco-system in Nigeria and at international platforms
● Support the Business Development Team in the design of new KP related projects and
● Participate actively in regional Safe Abortion Movements and platforms
YNCSD is an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information on skill requirements and how to apply, please click on this link : Project Officer- KP/SM
The deadline to apply is April 15, 2022, however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling