Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD)
Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement catalysing social
change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues affecting them and
amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity
building and development, communications, and media engagements, partnerships, and programme
implementation. We also work on a broad range of issues such as Gender, Governance and
Environment, however, our priority over the years have been on Sexual and Reproductive Health &
Since inception, YNCSD has been catalysing efforts of young people towards ending Female Genital
Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective programming that transforms
social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting reproductive health and Rights for
women and girls. Part of our activities is to ensure that every pregnancy is supported, and women and
girls have access to reproductive health services and given the opportunity to exercise full agency over
Purpose of the Consultancy
In line with our mission and vision, Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is
currently implementing and expecting projects around ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting
(FGM/C) and increasing young people’s access to sexual and reproductive health and rights services
including safe abortion services. These projects have critical components for multi-level research
involving data collection, analysis, reporting, interpretation, and translation. Part of our goal is to be able
to create cutting edge materials from all our research and evidence gathering programmes which include
but are not limited to measuring social norms and social norms change, desk review of local and national
policies, cross-country sexual and reproductive health and rights situation analysis, and other forms of
quantitative and qualitative evidence gathering programmes.
On this note, Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is seeking to hire an
experienced consultant to:
• Review and revise the M&E and data management systems and tools of the organisations and
ensure they are of high-quality standard and can be used for any level of work – locally and
• Strengthen capacity of staff members on standard practices in developing and using both
quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, data collection, data analysis, and data
reporting, interpretation, and translation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Management Consultant will provide short-term services to revamp the entire data gathering
and management systems and tools of the organisation as related to each running project. In addition, the
Data Management Consultant will strengthen the capacity staff members with modern and more
effective data collection, analysis, and reporting systems.
• Support with technical expertise to review existing monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
systems including reporting, data collection tools, data collection modalities, data
quality assurance mechanism, data storage, data analysis, data reporting, data
interpretation/translation and data storage.
• Master’s degree or higher in Data Analytics, Data Management, Research Studies or any other
• At least five years relevant professional experience in M&E, research and evidence generation,
and data management.
• Excellent writing and analytical skills.
• Expertise on social norms, gender equality and equity.
• Experience in organising and facilitating organisational capacity building sessions.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and engage relevant stakeholders.
• Ability to work well with government agencies and coordinate with other development partners.
• Proficiency in English
Click here to find out more on how to apply and for more job requirements: ToR – STTA-Data Management Consultant