Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD)
We are the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of violence against women and girls including harmful traditional practices in Nigeria. The Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, Partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues, Governance and Environment.
Main Purpose of the Job
YNCSD is seeking to hire a Communications and Advocacy officer who will work on our existing Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights portfolio- comprising bold and momentous projects to address existing inequalities affecting women, girls and vulnerable groups. The portfolio of projects aims to improve the safe access of abortion services at the focal states where we would be implementing using a robust advocacy approach, address social norms that underpin Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and other forms of violence against women and girls. The Communications & Advocacy Officer will be expected to translate the projects achievements into story formats through articles, blog posts, picture stories etc. for the public consumption through our website and social media handles.
YNCSD seeks a feminist who is bold, daring and open to new challenges. He/She must possess good communications skills set and assists in a range of tasks including writing, formatting, copyediting, proofreading, social media, and designing and producing routine products and deliverables (e.g. technical reports, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, invitations, and flyers).
- Take the lead in organising media outreach; arranges all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials as needed for senior staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively;
- Coordinate production of a diverse range of information products including audio/visual communications, when needed to achieve specific policy goals;
- Ensure timely development of presentations and other advocacy materials and communication media;
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters;
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.;
- Design event/program fliers, graphics and other communications materials and products;
- Design and create content for websites and social media platforms;
- Update and maintain the organization’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting Facebook updates;
- Manage editorial and event calendars;
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications;
- Coordinate wide range of policy and advocacy efforts aimed at making the lives of women and girls better;
- Develop conceptual policy advisory documents, and be the face of the organization across various states of operations.
Click here to find out more on how to apply and for more job requirements: Communications and Advocacy Officer